Kropotnick By the Sea Condos

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Brighton Born Billionaire Lures Former Brightonites With Cheap Condos


Reprinted with permission:

Billionaire Murray Kropotnick wants people to return to Brighton Beach who lived there decades ago, and he's willing to pay for it.  The 81 year old singing telegram magnate is building 700 new luxury condo units across from Asser Levy Park, and the price is right: $1,000 for a one bedroom, up to $4,000 for a three bed, two bath.  The almost-free units will be available to anyone who lived in Brighton at any time between 1945 to 1985.  Why the generosity?  Kropotnick is nostalgic for the "good old days", and since moving back to Brighton last year, he misses his old pals.

"My parents were poor Jewish immigrants from Pinsk," he recalls.  "But the neighborhood had everything--delis, candy shops, tailors, you name it."  To recreate this atmosphere, the 6 multi-story buildings will not have faux fancy names like the "Bel Aire", but rather homespun labels that recall old Brighton.  Building One is "The Corned Beef on Rye Towers," Building Two is "The Pastrami", Building Three is the "Disco Freddy."

Many former Brightonites have already signed up to return.  Irvin Ferbissener, 56, of Manalapan says, "I had a nice life here in New Jersey, but it's lonely since my wife ran off with the gardener.  I look forward to ditching my gas guzzler, and getting on that B68 bus."


More stories about these exciting new condos, and a price list, are below.  Please scroll down.



9 Comments:

  • At April 1, 2011 at 2:36 AM , Blogger NaturesOwn said...

    Mr. Kropotnick sounds like a wonderful guy and probably knew my parents since they are about the same age and we all lived in the same wonderful community. I would LOVE to be part of this! Where can I find an application?

     
  • At April 1, 2011 at 7:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That photo is of Ed Wynne... read all the text... it's 100% not serious... this is an April Fool's joke... I think!

     
  • At April 1, 2011 at 8:50 AM , Blogger AJoiB said...

    Disco Freddy!!

     
  • At April 1, 2011 at 9:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I want an application "now" sign me up....would love to go back to my roots...I was born and bread in Brighton in 1950...lived there for over 30 years...my heart aches for the good ole days...and the old crowd...

     
  • At April 1, 2011 at 2:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Now I can finally afford to live in Brighton Beach again.
    Dennis Jones

     
  • At April 1, 2011 at 4:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah I think its a joke as well. Who in their right mind would want to move back to Brighton Beach anyway? That neighborhood went downhill years ago! It also sounds more like and old age home than anything. Adult Tricycles? Come on.

     
  • At April 4, 2011 at 11:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sounds great! My family & I are in! Whrer can I get an application!!! Please! We dont want to miss out on this opportunity!!

     
  • At April 15, 2011 at 3:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    >AJoiB ...I remember Disco Freddy too! LOL All over the beach, every day!

     
  • At May 11, 2011 at 3:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    How can we get an application to buy? My family is very excited!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home